Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cyrus's Parent Teacher Conference

Yesterday I had a parent teacher conference for my son Cyrus. We moved here in January and he had to come to a new school from where he started. The teacher said she thinks he's adjusted just fine and has lots of new friends. I agreed with the teacher on that. Then she was telling me how he was doing in other areas. He does good with knowing his letters and numbers ( except when you get to the teen numbers ). She said he needs to work on writing them out though, he also needs to work on site words. I've noticed he has trouble with ryming words as well, nothing I'm too concerned about. Then she said he does great with patterns and charts. The last thing he needs to work on his learning to tie his own shoes. This teacher has an absolute fight if the kids can't tie their own shoes. I thought that kids learned this kind of stuff in Kindergarten. The teacher also told me some other things she's teaching these kids and you'd swear your kid was getting ready to go off to college or something. What has kindergarten turned into?? My son has to get up at 6:30am to be ready for the bus at 7:20am, he's gone to school all day and doesn't get home until 3:30pm everyday. This is a very long day for a kindergarten if you ask me.

No comments: