Sunday, February 05, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl

Over the past few days I have done a lot of thinking back to my wedding day. I think it's because my sister is getting married this summer. My wedding was planned in 12 days, and I knew what I wanted. On the day of my wedding I wasn't nervous until almost time for the wedding to begin. My dad came up to me and hugged me so tight that I could hardly breath, as he was hugging me he said to me " I'll take care of you and the baby ", " I'll give you any amount of money you want, just don't do this ". I couldn't help but cry, because I love my dad so much that it hurt, but yet I loved the guy I was about to be married to. I went ahead and got married. My dad cried walking me down the aisle, and during the wedding. I knew he was crying and I couldn't help but to cry. I was my dad's first daughter and I knew I was his baby girl. When I was younger I went to 4H camp for a week, when he came back to pick me after the week was over and he hugged me so tight and told me " don't ever go away again ". I wasn't ever a bad kid growing up, I was just really mouthy. I would mouth back to everything they said to me. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I'm sorry I ever did that to my parents. I have never really told my Dad how much I love him and if I could I would. I often hear the song Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carsile, and think of my dad and I. Even though my dad didn't do the things in the song, it still reminds me of a relationship my dad and I have. You would never know my dad and I to be very close but in my heart he holds a very special place and always will. My dad was never the kind of person to tell you that he was proud of something we did or that he loved us, but we always knew he did. I had a very hard time with school and he never thought I would make it all the way through, but on graduation night he told me that he thought I would never make it and I did. My dad would always beat around the bush in telling you things like this, instead of coming right out and telling you. I have 3 other sisters and I'm sure it's going to be just as hard for him on their wedding days as it was for mine. But I will always be Daddy's Little Girl. I Love you, Dad!!!!!

No comments: