Thursday, February 02, 2006

Financial Blessings

My husband was laid off from his job in the middle of November for the winter months. We applied that week for and of course there's the waiting week and then they send you all this paper work to fill out and send back. Well they sent us numerous papers to fill out and send back over the course of 2 months. Well several more weeks go by and we hadn't heard anything from them, so I told my husband to call them and find out what is going on with it. When he called they told him he was trying to draw benefits off a different employer than the one he was really suppose to be drawing from. Well in 30 minutes time on the phone that part got figured out and they asked Kirk to send them a copy of the W2 they wanted. I don't work, my job as a and a mother is stressful enough. So we've had no money in almost 3 months. This morning I was walking down the hall from getting my son clothes for school, and it was like a voice telling me to check the status of the unemployment and I kept saying " no I'm not going to check that right now ". Every time I would check the unemployment I would get so discouraged and frustrated, because it would say them same old thing, Your claim is still in pending status. So I wouldn't check it very often, maybe every Sunday when he has to file his weekly claim and that would be it. So finally I give in to this voice telling me check it and so as my son was getting dressed I checked it really quick. Well come to find out they mailed his waiting week check on the 1st, and he will now get unemployment until he goes back to work in April. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! Also today at 4pm we go to do our taxes. It will seem so nice to have money again, especially with 4 and 2 of them are in diapers, plus you wouldn't believe the laundry I have to do a day. We've been pinching pennies so much, that there were no more pennies to be pinched. Gas money we would have to borrow from his mom and dad. Thank God for PARENTS!!!!!! I told me husband a few weeks ago that his unemployment would go through about the time we do our taxes. Boy did I have that one called all right. So as you can see the unemployment checks and the taxes are an answered prayer from GOD!!!!! Just trust in him.

No comments: