Monday, February 13, 2006

Mini Vacation

My husband and I left Thursday morning and got back on Saturday afternoon from our mini vacation. We didn't go far from home, maybe like 2 hours or so, because our van started acting funny again. We didn't want to get somewhere way off and get stranded. The first day we were gone we just went and relaxed in a quiet hotel. Then Friday we went to a huge outlet mall and did some shopping. I started my Christmas shopping already, and this is very unusual for me. Considering I usually wait to about 2 months before and start then. We found some awesome deals. I love to find a bargain. Bythat night I was so tired I could have went to bed early, but the hotel we stayed in had a pool and Kirk wanted to go swimming. He stayed down there and swam until midnight. I just watched them all swim, I'm not the type that wants all my fat rolls hanging out for the world to see. Saturday morning we got around and we went for a long joy ride and sight seeing. Then about noon we headed home. The kids were so excited to see us. I couldn't wait to go on this vacation to have some time alone away from all the stress. Yet while on the vacation I couldn't wait to get back to the kids, I really missed them. My husband and I enjoyed the time we had together. I told him that I would like to go again sometime soon, and preferably before 7 years. Its nice to get away once in awhile without the kids. Sometimes you just need to get away before your mind blows up.

No comments: